Sunday, May 6, 2012

2012-05-06

During priesthood meeting today I participated in Ben Young's ordination to the office of a teacher.  One of the biggest blessings of serving in the bishopric is being a part of major family events like this.  During the ordination, I felt very grateful for the Young family, and others like them that are raising strong, faithful young men.  As the girls get older, I find myself worrying about the quality of men that they end up marrying.  I am glad to know so many families that live the gospel and work hard to raise their sons in the right way.

During sacrament meeting, Jenna and the girls were laughing at me and sent me a text telling me to wake up.  I don't think I feel asleep, but maybe I looked like I was sleeping.  I was very tired, so I might have fallen asleep without realizing it.  More than anything, it was nice to be able to look out and see them smiling and happy.  Maybe I need to act like I am sleeping every week.  It made me feel good to see them all smile.

Since I have to leave for NY tomorrow morning, we held family home evening tonight.  Lindsay gave a good lesson about keeping the Sabbath day holy.  It made me grateful for Aubrey and her strength and the example she is setting for her sisters.  I know that one day their strength will be an asset for her.  Our combined activity/treat was to do fire pit.  It was nice to see the backyard looking so good while we were back there.  In preparation for the night, Jenna and I ran to the grocery store last night and got chocolate and starburst and graham crackers and the huge marshmallows (which evidently don't work too great for smores).  The girls had a good time roasting marshmallows and just being together.  Aubrey wore goggles because the smoke was bothering her.  It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment